It’s no secret that stress can have harmful effects on our bodies and minds, but unfortunately for most of us, it’s simply unavoidable. So what can you do? Try one or more of the following techniques to help you manage it.
1. Keep a Journal
Journaling is a helpful tool for managing stress. Here are a few of the reasons:
- It provides an opportunity for quiet reflection about your feelings and emotions so that you can sort out, clarify and better understand them.
- It provides a private outlet for expressing difficult emotions, such as anger and frustration, without hurting someone you love.
- It can help to release your negative thoughts and emotions so that you can move on to a happier, less stressed state of mind.
- Writing about stressful events helps you come to terms with them, therefore reducing the impact of the stressors on your physical health.
- It boosts your immune system, which helps your body to withstand the effects of further stress.
To get started, decide whether you’d like to use pen and paper or your computer. If you prefer your computer, try on online journaling platform like Penzu. Next, find somewhere quiet and comfortable, where you won’t be interrupted for 10-20 minutes. To begin your journal entry, write the date, and then simply write whatever comes to mind! There are no set rules. Forget about punctuation, grammar and spelling. If you need more structure, here are some things to write about: Continue reading